"When am I ever going to use this?"
It is a question that has plagued math teachers for decades. Now you can answer the question with an activity built around a real-world context.
Focusing on these NCTM standards:
- Convert numbers in words into numbers in digits and vice versa
- Convert numbers in words into numbers in digits
- Convert numbers in digits into numbers in words
- Identify the place value of a given digit
- Round numbers
- Find the difference of two whole numbers
- One engaging real-world math activity (two pages)
- Worked-out solutions (two pages)
- Activity Objectives
- Cover, copyright, and letter from the author