Also included in
- Rounding is one of those skills that can drive kids crazy, but they have to learn how to do it! We all know learning is much easier when it is fun! Make it really fun with these task cards full of dogs, monsters and aliens. PLUS get a teaching resource with an easy way to teach rounding to the 10$12.00$15.25Save $3.25
Rounding can cause some students to go dog-gone crazy! But with this mini-unit you can have them rounding like pros in no time! I have used this method with my own students for well over 5 years, and it has made all the difference. It's all about the color! Once students have been through this mini-unit, rounding to the tens is a snap. That sets students up for success for rounding to hundreds and thousands later on.
This mini-unit includes;
- Rounding number line in both color and black and white (for students to color)
- Four worksheets that move students from using the number line, to working without it.
- Grading keys for each worksheet
- Math Round-Up Game is easy and quick to play, and helps students internalize the rounding process.
- Teacher notes
- Dog jokes
All buyers have access to the TPT digital overlay of this resource, which has been annotated for you. It's ready to go! Click on the "Use as a Buyer" red box to access this digital version. Teachers will also be able to edit the directions to customize the resource if needed.
Comments about this resource include:
I really like these engaging activities and that it builds the idea of rounding step by step!
Thank you for creating a great way to introduce rounding! I will definitely keep using this to help students understand this key concept!
My students SO needed this.
This is GREAT! I was having trouble getting this concept across to a couple of my students, but the color just made perfect sense to them!
About this Teacher Author
National Board Certified Teacher (2001-2011), Masters in Curriculum, Gifted Certified, Cobb County Elementary Teacher of the Year, Addison Elementary Teacher of the Year, Bullard Elementary Teacher of the Year, Atlanta Journal and Constitution Honor Teacher finalist ($5000 award), District 3 Georgia Science Teacher of the Year, Author of seven books published by The Child's World Press, Wrote online k-12 social studies and language arts curriculum for Coca Cola, curriculum writer for CNN, curriculum writer for American Legacy Publishers 2009-2014, 25 years teaching experience in grades 1st-4th.
Would you like to see other math resources? Check out:
If you would like 1/2 off of all new products during the first 48 hours of launch, click on the "follow me" button next to the green star
Math Rounding Round-Up by Jan Bernard is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License