Make Way for Ducklings by Robert McCloskey is a timeless classic that continues to be a great read aloud book. This resource has 20 comprehension questions in various formats. There are several ways that it can be used.
This comprehension questions resource pack for Make Way for Ducklings can be used as discussion prompts and for modeling opportunities during an Interactive Read Aloud. Just write the questions on your preferred Post-It Notes. I've included the questions in a format that can be projected on a Smartboard or Promethean board as well. I find that students find this helpful as they turn and talk. They can look back at the question currently being discussed to gain clarity.
These questions are perfect to use for Close Reading and for Guided Reading groups. They can even be used as part of independent work during Guided Reading. You can use them as a quiz as well as for homework. They are great for assessments. You can even extend your current assessment by incorporating selected questions from this resource. There are 20 of them in all. So there are plenty to split up and use in various ways.
This resource contains:
* The comprehension questions presented as worksheets.
* The comprehension questions presented as a PDF file to project.
* The comprehension questions presented on strips that can be glued into
* The comprehension questions presented as Task Cards.
* Question Starters for students to create their own questions.
* RL.7 Common Core Standard listed on each comprehension question.