This resource kit will show you the techniques you need to create your own vector clipart using drawing tools in Microsoft Word.
MS Word comes with a quite powerful and useful feature that enables a user to create vector graphics straight on the page. The feature, EDIT POINTS, simply allows the lines of a shape to be manipulated into curves. When combined with the improved shape effects in MS Word 2010, the potential for producing high quality vector images is unleashed!
These techniques have been successfully used in the classroom with year 9 students, who have been able to create high quality graphics that they are proud of.
Use the kit for your own professional development, or share with your students:
* PowerPoint slideshow with step by step instructions (2010 & 97-2003 formats)
* Slide handout with supporting notes for further reference (pdf)
* Movie of the presentation (.wmv) for your convenience
* Finished clipart example - see the finished outcome and ungroup it to examine all the component parts
* Display poster for the classroom
NB prior knowledge of Word and its design features is desirable.