This color-by-number bear picture is editable to make it easy for you to create your own unique color by number puzzle for your grade, subject, or topic. It can be used to create a fun “answer sheet” for any set of math problems, any vocabulary quiz, or any other task that would lend itself to a fill in the blank or multiple choice format.
You create the questions and color code the correct answer to the sections of this puzzle.
The text boxes (numbers) are already in the picture. You just click on them to change them to symbols, letters, etc. Your students will LOVE this! Practice can be FUN when it involves coloring. Teachers have told me that even their high school students love doing work that involves coloring their answers!
This product is provided as a zip file so that I can include both the PowerPoint file
(which makes the puzzle editable) as well as a PDF file of instructions, and my logo for use on a credits page in commercial products.
• A black/white uncolored puzzle with editable text (number) boxes already placed in the picture
. Use it to create your own student puzzles.
• A full color puzzle with editable text (number) boxes.
Use it to create your own key.
• A black/white uncolored puzzle with no boxes. Use it if you need to dramatically change the size of the puzzle with the editable text boxes. Dramatically enlarging or shrinking the puzzle from the size in which it is provided can cause the text boxes to move out of alignment. This blank puzzle will allow you to resize the puzzle to meet your needs, and then add your own text boxes.
• A full color puzzle with no boxes. This will allow you to do the resizing as described for the black/white version to make a full color key.
• Illustrated instructions and examples for making your own color by number puzzle.
This is the third in a planned series of biome themed color by number pictures. You can see the "grasslands" biome picture (giraffe) HERE. You can see the “deserts” biome picture (a camel) HERE.
If you’re interested in additional editable color by number puzzles you can find them here:Color By Number Puzzles and Templates
You are welcome to use this editable puzzle to make your own puzzle for your students. You may not upload the editable puzzle to any website, including a classroom website. You may not provide copies of the digital file to anyone.
You are welcome to use this editable puzzle to make products for Teacher’s Pay Teachers under the following terms:
• Your completed product must include your own original content/text.
• You may not sell this puzzle in an editable format or as a coloring page alone.
• You must flatten and secure the images within your product.
• You may not use this puzzle as part of any product that infringes on any law including copyright or trademark law.
• You must provide credit and a link to my Teachers Pay Teachers Store within any product for sale.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback. It helps me to make resources that meet your needs.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, free resources and product launches:
• Look for the green star
near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower
. You will then receive customized email updates about my new products.
Connect with me by following My Blog or by following me on Pinterest