Make a Ten Addition Strategy Lesson and Center Bundle | Worksheets and More
Products in this Bundle (2)
Are your first and second grade students struggling to understand the Make Ten addition strategy? This easy to use lesson, math center, and set of worksheets will teach and reinforce the make a ten to add concept. This bundle includes 1) a PowerPoint lesson, 2) printable math puzzles, and 3) 22 worksheets that will have your students using dots to make ten, writing new equations, and solving addition problems. Perfect for 1st and 2nd grade whole group, small group, centers, and intervention!
Please see the preview for an up-close look! This approach simplifies the "make a ten" strategy and teaches this concept in a straightforward, concrete way. The following materials are included in this bundle:
1) PowerPoint lesson for the "make a ten to add" strategy. Students learn to write the larger number in the equation, draw dots for the smaller number, and compose a ten. Then they write new equations using the ten and the leftover dots. The lesson introduces the strategy, provides guided practice, and includes 5 problems for independent practice.
2) 24 "make a ten" puzzle cards. There are 12 puzzles with 2 pieces, and 12 puzzles with 4 pieces. This allows you to scaffold and differentiate your instruction.
3) Record sheets. There are 3 handouts- 1 for use during the lesson, and 2 for use with the puzzles.
4) 22 printable worksheets that will have your students finding ways to make ten and making 10 to add using number bonds, 10-frames, dots, and more!
These materials can be purchased separately here:
1) Make a Ten Addition Strategy Lesson and Math Center
2) Make a Ten Addition Strategy Worksheets
Sample this resource with this freebie:
Free Make a Ten Addition Strategy Worksheets
*** Looking for more math resources? Sample my work with these FREEBIES:
Freebie for Set 1: Good Clues, Bad Clues
Freebie for Set 3: Put 'Em to Bed - for Google Slides(TM) & PowerPoint(TM)
Freebie for Set 4: To the Rescue
Freebie for Set 6: Fill the Nest
Freebie for Set 8: New Tools, Broken Tools
Freebie for Set 9: Feeding Time
Bonus Freebie: Monster Doubles- for Google Slides(TM) & PowerPoint(TM)
Bonus Freebie: Penguin Place Value- for Google Slides(TM) & PowerPoint(TM)
*** Follow Little Owl's Teacher Treats on TPT for frequent updates, including a "First of the Month" freebie!
*** Subscribe to Little Owl’s monthly newsletter to receive freebies directly to your inbox!