Also included in
- This is a physical science unit addressing the NGSS standards for 4th grade physical science. This resource includes lesson plans, informational text articles, slide shows, response pages and interactive notebook inserts. The lessons within these units are aligned with NGSS for 4th grade physical sc$28.92$36.65Save $7.73
- This resource combines two of my popular units into a bundle that will save you money. Purchasing this bundle gives you a 20% discount compared to buying the units individually. Each of the units includes hands-on lessons, interactive notebook folds, nonfiction articles explaining the science, and$11.16$13.95Save $2.79
- Magnet Unit: Students will love these great activities on magnets! Students will learn about temporary magnets, permanent magnets, electromagnets, magnets through other objects and magnets and how they attract and repel. The complete Magnet Unit has Eight 5 E lessons using magnets. This unit is alig$7.56$8.40Save $0.84
- Physical Science Bundle for third grade. This resource includes other resources to address ALL of the physical science standards for Third grade NGSS.This resource addresses the NGSS Disciplinary Core Idea of Motions and Stability: Forces and Interactions.3-PS2-1.Plan and conduct an investigation to$32.92$41.15Save $8.23
- Fourth Grade Utah SEEd Bundle This resource bundles all my 4th-grade resources for Utah SEEd into one package with a discount of 20%. You save time by purchasing this from someone who understands Utah SEEd. Would you like to know more about Utah SEEd? This huge bundle includes a year’s worth of r$104.48$129.85Save $25.37
- Utah SEEd Third-grade Bundle This resource bundles all my 3rd-grade resources for Utah SEEd into one package with a discount of 20%. You save time by purchasing this from someone who understands Utah SEEd. Would you like to know more about Utah SEEd? It also includes resources that address Utah Cor$116.12$145.15Save $29.03
- This Bundle for Utah SEEd 3rd grade includes science resources for each strand and standard. Each unit included addresses specific Utah SEEd standards for 3rd grade. You save 20% by purchasing this bundle. You save time by purchasing this from someone who understands Utah SEEd. Would you like to k$61.76$74.70Save $12.94
- NGSS Third Grade Bundle: This bundle covers all the standards for NGSS 3rd grade for the entire year. Students will love these engaging third-grade science lessons. Each unit meets one or more of the NGSS third-grade standards. Are you looking for resources made by someone who understands NGSS? I ha$77.80$94.75Save $16.95
- Students will love these STEM Engineering Challenges! Teachers will love that the materials are inexpensive and easy to find. These NGSS STEM activities will have students using design thinking and conducting fair tests for these engineering challenges. This bundle includes several STEM engineering$36.24$45.30Save $9.06
- This third-grade science bundle includes all of my resources for third-grade NGSS,as well as third-grade resources for reading informational text. Save 20% by purchasing this huge bundle. Teachers and school districts will love this third-grade Huge NGSS Bundle with a wide variety of labs, centers,$145.20$180.75Save $35.55
- This fourth-grade science bundle includes all of my resources for 4th-grade NGSS as well as fourth-grade resources for reading informational text. Teachers and school districts will love this fourth-grade Huge NGSS Bundle with a wide variety of labs, centers, nonfiction articles, and more. This Bund$145.96$180.70Save $34.74
- This NGSS Bundle for 4th grade will provide your students with a year's worth of engaging science lessons, readings, worksheets, slideshows, labs, games, and more! Fourth-grade students will love these NGSS aligned activities! You Save 20% bypurchasing them here together. These resources are specifi$98.36$122.95Save $24.59
- This science bundle for third grade covers the entire year! You save 20% by purchasing together! This NGSS Bundle for third grade is packed full of great lessons, investigations, labs, and close readings with nonfiction passages to meet the NGSS and CCSS standards for 3rd grade! Covers all NGSS stan$84.12$105.15Save $21.03
Students will use engineering skills to make an electromagnet. Students will also practice reading informational text skills by reading a nonfiction article all about magnets.
Students will make an electromagnet using STEM engineering skills. They will design, test and refine their electromagnet through investigation. Aligned with NGSS for third and fourth grade.This resource includes two lessons. One is a STEM Engineering lesson on making an electromagnet. The other is a reading informational text lesson that comes with a 3 page informational text article on magnets. This resource includes flaps and folds for interactive notebooks.
This lesson is aligned with NGSS
3-PS2-3. Ask questions to determine cause and effect relationships of electric or magnetic interactions between two objects not in contact with each other.
3-PS2-4. Define a simple design problem that can be solved by applying scientific ideas about magnets.
4-PS3-4. Apply scientific ideas to design, test, and refine a device that converts energy from one form to another (electromagnet lesson)
3-5-ETS1-1. Define a simple design problem reflecting
3-5-ETS1-2. Generate and compare multiple possible solutions to a problem based on how well each is likely to meet the
criteria and constraints of the problem.
3-5-ETS1-3. Plan and carry out fair tests in which variables are controlled and failure points are considered to identify
aspects of a model or prototype that can be improved.
NGSS Science and Engineering Practices Used:
Asking questions (for science) and defining problems (for engineering)
Developing and using models. Planning and carrying out investigations. Analyzing and interpreting data
Using mathematics and computational thinking
Constructing explanations (for science) and designing solutions (for engineering)
Engaging in argument from evidence
Obtaining, evaluating, and communicating information
Also Aligned with CCSS for Reading Informational Text.
This resource is also available as part of a larger unit on magnets. STEM Magnet Unit With Interactive Notebook Folds and Flaps
Please look at some of my other science resources: