I have found that my elementary students need a little bit of structure and accountability during their Makerspace time in my elementary library. Thus, this kit addresses that need by giving them a structure via a Mission sheet that they guides them, gives them time limits (set by you), and assesses their group work with a rubric.
This Makerspace Bundle has the printables you need for a Poetry Performance Green Screen Makerspace Center in which students create a video by performing their own poem or one of their choice in front of the green screen. In a nutshell, students use the Mission Log sheet to guide them through the process of procuring, practicing, and performing their poem in front of the green screen. The student instruction handouts help them to figure out how to produce their videos independently without you needing to hold their hand every step of the way. Finally, they write a review statement, fill out a rubric on their individual performances with you, and share their video.
The technology I use in this kit includes a green screen and an iPad with the DoInk (TM) Green Screen app (a minimal fee in the iTunes store).
A lot of the resources come in an editable format so that you can make them your own depending on your environment and needs.
1. Materials list
2. Poetry Mission Log - This is a Step-by-Step Instruction Sheet for the students to follow at the center. It follows the Plan, Do, Review format. There are two versions that differ in the type of Review you'd like to have your students do. I've included both as a PDF and as Editable Excel documents should you need to make changes to fit your situation.
3. 2 Page How to Make Your Video Handout for students (PDF and editable PPT file)
4. Poetry Performance I Can Poster
5. Finding a Poem Poster (PDF & Editable PPT file)
6. Makerspace Rubric (PDF & editable versions) I created this rubric as a way to hold students accountable for their time. It includes the goals of: staying on task, being responsible, producing quality work, working cooperatively, and cleaning up. Again, I've included an editable Excel file should you wish to make changes.
7. Poetry Performance Rubric - Easily gives you a grade by scoring posture, volume, speed, expression and memorization. (PDF & editable Excel file)