Help your students become makers and creators at home and at school by adding circulating maker / craft kits to your school or classroom library! This zip file includes 15 pages of materials to create 3 GoldieBlox™ kits that can be checked out by students.
When using the kit at home, parents and students are given the opportunity to take photos and email them to the teacher or librarian to post to social media. It’s a great way to connect home and school learning! Download the preview for full contents.
• Printable covers and labels to convert 3 retail GoldieBlox™ sets into circulating maker or craft kits
• Information card for parents that explains how to send photos or short videos to the teacher or school librarian
• Cataloging and processing directions for school librarians and media specialists
• MARC records for school library circulation systems
• Links to purchase GoldieBlox™ hard-good kits (sold separately)
If you aren’t familiar with the maker movement or makerspaces (also called DIY spaces or hackerspaces), I’d recommend downloading the preview and doing your own research on makerspaces and the Maker Faire. I’ve found the “Makerspace Playbook” by MAKE: magazine
to be very helpful.
Follow me on TpT to get email updates about my store, new products, and sales!
You might also like other makerspace products by Mrs. J in the Library:
Makerspace Starter: GoldieBlox (TM) Centers
Makerspace littleBits (TM) Task Cards FREEBIE
Makerspace Starter: littleBits (TM) Centers, Maker Notebook, and Signage BUNDLE
Makerspace Project Prompt Task Cards and Materials List