This game is called “4 corners”.
1. Hang up the numbers 1-4 on four corners of your classroom.
2. Cut the cards numbered 6, 7, 8, and 9. Shuffle the cards.
3. Give each student a card numbered 6, 7, 8, or 9.
4. Students have to figure out- how many more to make 10?
5. Go to the corner with the answer to make 10.
6. Shuffle cards and play again.
This is an excellent game to play to reinforce addition up to sums of 10 as well as using addition strategies such as counting on.
**This file has been updated- now included is a wrap up worksheet for students to demonstrate understanding. Excellent formative assessment or math journal wrap up!
Thank you for downloading!