This unit provides extra practice and resources for making 10 to subtract facts to 20 (subtracting with ten frames). It includes a poster, interactive notebook pages, printables, and games. Here is what’s included:
Making 10 to Subtract
These resources help students understand how subtraction facts with teen numbers can be simplified by making use of the number’s relationships to 10.
• Making 10 to Subtract– poster (explains how to make a ten to subtract)
• Making 10 to Subtract Printables – 7 printables. 2 where students complete step by step equations to make a ten and use ten frames to subtract. 4 where students use ten frames to solve an equation. 1 where students use ten frames to solve equations (different format).
• Interactive Notebook Page – Making 10 to Subtract (a)– students write equations to match the ten frames under each flap and solve.
• What’s the Equation? Game – students select ten frame card and write the equation that the ten frames represent on the recording sheet and solve.
• Make a 10 to Subtract Game – students randomly select an equation card, then use the ten frame and counters to make a ten to subtract. Then record their answers on the recording sheet.
• Interactive Notebook Page – Making 10 to Subtract (b)– Students equations using the make a 10 to subtract strategy under each flap and solve.
• Making 10 to Subtract Book – a book where students complete ten frames and step by step equations using the make a ten to subtract strategy. One problem per page, 8 pages plus cover. Boy and girl options for the cover.
Making 10 to Subtract – Subtraction Story Problems
These resources help students understand how subtraction facts with teen numbers can be simplified by making use of the number’s relationships to 10 and how you can make a ten to help solve subtraction story problems.
• Making 10 to Subtract Word Problems Printables – 2 printables with two story problems and ten frames to help students solve the problem.
• Interactive Notebook Pages – Subtraction Story Problems – 2 pages, for students to write a story problem that goes with the picture and use the make a ten to subtract strategy to solve. One page is a beach scene with shells and the other is a snow scene with snowballs.
Please download a free preview to see all that is included. Feel free to email me with any questions!
Over the 1st Grade Rainbow
You may also like:
Making 10 to Add – Facts to 20
Doubles – Facts to 20
Adding 3 Numbers
Five and Ten Relationships