Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
1.97 MB | 12 pages
This activity is an artistic card project using the Artist artwork and his/her personal photo.
This project was initially created as a Valentine activity for the art room. Students will create a Valentine Card, using Artist's Famous Artists Portraits/Photos and famous artwork that they draw themselves.
Or, it can be used as a collage project.
Or, It is also designed to make as a Valentine Heart Doll using the Artist's portrait as the head and their art work as the body.
I will use these pages with my 1st- 5th Graders. It is a fun way to help them learn their artists and artworks. Some parts may be modified for Kinders, such as the Conversation Hearts as a coloring page or Bingo Board.
It involves these art skills: cut and paste, creating, coloring, gluing, lettering, rhyming, matching and designing. Use of artists' photos is used to enhance their learning about each artist and their lives. It helps to make the artist more real, to see their photos.
There are 11 pages in the download, including the cover page.
1. Artists Cards Templates- 2 sizes
2. Folding Heart Cards -2 Sizes (for top of Card Template)
3. Template for Art work: 8 Blank Rectanges (Students draw)
4. Picture Frames Clip Art (for Art works) 6 Frames
5. Art Sayings – Clip Art
6. Artists’ Hearts Clip Art – Artists’ Names in Hearts
7. Conversation Hearts – Clip Art
Or use an Art Bingo Board with artists Photos/Art Work/Art Words As Needed
8. Artist Photos/Self-Portraits/Portraits (3 pages)
9. Teacher's Guide (Some suggestions)
Note: Use of any copyrighted artists' photos or artwork is for students enhancement of their Art History and appreciation of Art, in accordance with Fair Use in Education.