Help your students understand public policy issues in your school or classroom with this engaging social studies unit! Throughout this unit your students will have the opportunity to identify issues in your school or classroom, analyze how those problems affect different people, and come up with alternative solutions to the problems. These engaging activities will get your students thinking about how to analyze and solve problems in a proactive way. At the completion of the unit your students will have a report put together on a specific issue they chose to analyze.
This unit was based on the C3 Social Studies Standard: “Clearly state a problem as a public policy issue, analyze various perspectives, and generate and evaluate possible alternative resolutions."
To ensure that this product is appropriate for your grade level, please download the preview to get a better idea of what is included!
27 Total Pages: 3 (Teacher Instruction pages), 2 (Credits/TOU pages), 22 student activity pages
1. What are Public Policy Issues? Mini book
2. Identifying Public Policy Issues Activity (draw lines to connect the issue to its description)
3. Public Policy Issues Scenario Game (answer recording sheet included)
4. Public Policy Issues: Analyzing Perspectives Activities
5. We Can Make Better Choices Activities
6. Graphing Our Public Policy Issues Activity
7. Analyzing Our Graph Activity
8. My Public Policy Report Cover Page