Making butter is such a fun activity to do with your class! This mini unit includes a variety of activities for you to use to teach your students how to make butter. All you'll need to do this activity is heavy cream and mason jars. This activity is perfect for teaching about the colonial time period, studying states of matter, or for fun before Thanksgiving!
- Video Link (the science behind this activity)
- Photo directions
- Photo Poster
- KWL Chart
- 3 How-to Writing Pages (primary and upper grades versions)
- How-to Make Butter Spinning Wheel (primary and upper grades versions)
- Draw and Label States of Matter Practice Pages
- Let's Make Butter Mini-Book (with pictures)
- Video Link (Butter Made in a Factory)
- Making Butter Order the Steps (Cut & Paste)
Be sure to check out the preview!
You may also be interested in Comprehension Quest -Plymouth Colony
©Thrifty in Third Grade
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED