Also included in
- SAVE TIME and MONEY! This bundle includes every single Educircles resource on my TpT store. ⭐ NINETEEN (19) people have purchased the EVERTYHING BUNDLE so far! When you buy this resource, please email me at Mike@educircles.org - I want to make sure you find what you need! TEACHER FEEDBACK about the$137.23$274.46Save $137.23
4 PRO TIPS to help students make stronger connections when reading.
Slideshow lesson and the NO PREP video teaches the reading strategy.
You get 4 articles for students to practice Making Connections.
- Article 013: Three Sixty (Google Street View in Africa) - Character (how one person can make a difference) *easel
OPTION 1: Print the handouts if you're teaching in person.
OPTION 2: Upload the handouts for online learning.
NOTE: You can modify the Google Docs and Google Slideshow to fit your classroom needs.
1. Use this Reading Comprehension Video (Making Connections) to show students how to use this reading strategy.
- It clearly takes you through how to use the reading strategy
- It also goes through an example (modeled reading) where we apply the reading strategy and do a "think-aloud" to explicitly show students how we think.
2. Share the Google Slideshow that was used in the Reading Comprehension video.
- This way, students can review the lesson at their own pace without having to try to start / stop the video at the right spot.
3. Share one of the reading response article handouts with your students.
- They read the article and the mini-lesson on a 21st-century social-emotional learning skill (citizenship, communication)
- As they read, they fill out a graphic organizer using the reading strategy.
- Finally, at the end, students answer discussion questions and write a paragraph response.
Lather, rinse, repeat
- Right now, there are only 3 informational text articles included in this bundle.
April 10, 2022 UPDATE: Price Drop!
- I dropped the price of this bundle (Making Connections Reading Bundle) and the Asking Questions Reading Bundle to $9.95
- If you already purchased this bundle and paid over $10 for this bundle (i.e. $11.00), please email me at Mike@educircles.org and I will give you a $5 TpT gift card.
- When you email me, please use your school / work email address and the name of the TpT account you used to buy this resource so I can avoid fraud. (It's a thing. Sorry for the extra step!)
Will I be adding more articles to this product?
- I can't make any promises.
- Think of it this way: once you buy this bundle, you've locked in the price.
- Any additional articles that I add to this bundle, you get for free (since you've already bought the bundle.)
- Update (Apr 6, 2022): I added Article 013: Three Sixty
Oops! The Rosa Parks article is included in this bundle and the Asking Question bundle.
- It is. I've already included the Rosa Parks article in the Asking Questions bundle.
- But, I have to also include it in this Making Connections bundle because the Rosa Parks article is used in the Making Connections slideshow and video.
- I apologize for the unnecessary duplication.
- I'm trying to create a way for teachers to get all of my reading strategy lessons and articles (without having to get the Educircles Everything bundle.)
- I thought creating a bunch of Making Connections articles in a bundle would help.
- JAN 31, 2022: Added Article 012: Hot Toast. The bundle now costs $10.50
- OCT 21, 2021: This product had 2 articles + 1 strategy. The bundle was $6.50
If you have any questions, please ask below in the TpT question & answer section.
Or, email me at Mike@educircles.org