Also included in
- 6 Reading Comprehension Strategy packages with slideshow lesson, handouts, posters, detailed lesson plans, and YouTube videos. Teach (or remind students) HOW to Read for Meaning. Help students actively engage with the text (instead of just passively saying the words.) Perfect for IN-PERSON learning$30.50$61.00Save $30.50
- Teach students how to make stronger connections when reading. 4 PRO TIPS for students to use. Slideshow lesson and NO PREP video teaches the reading strategy. You get 2 articles for students to practice Making Connections. The articles are differentiated at three different grade levels. OPTION 1: Pr$6.50$10.00Save $3.50
- SAVE TIME and MONEY! This bundle includes every single Educircles resource on my TpT store.⭐ EARN a $5 TpT gift card by teaching a FREE LESSON!Tell me about your class using THIS FORM.I'll personally recommend one of my FREE resources that I think your students would enjoy. Teach the FREE LESSON and$130.54$250.47Save $119.93
Distance Learning and 1:1 Google Classroom ready: Making Connections is more than simply finding something that the text reminds you of.
4 tips to help your students develop deeper connections instead of thin connections like “this book has a dog and I have a dog…”
The slideshow lesson is comprehensive, easy to use and includes everything you need for :
- DISTANCE LEARNING or 1:1 LEARNING in Google Classroom
- FACE to FACE LEARNING in your real classroom
In this package, you get:
- the slideshow lesson to walk your students through 4 tips to using the Making Connections strategy, an example of how to use this strategy and how this strategy connects with active reading and 21st century learning skills.
- a generic Making Connections handout package that can be used with any text. This helps students ask questions before, during, and after reading.
- a metacognition handout/reflection questions to help students reflect on the strategy
- a rubric to assess ideas generated during reading, as well as ideas generated during the metacognition reflection.
BONUS VIDEO LESSON:
- I’ve recorded the slideshow as a FREE YOUTUBE VIDEO so it’s easier to teach with DISTANCE LEARNING:
IMPORTANT NOTE: This product DOES NOT include a text for students to read!
The package only includes the Making Connections strategy slideshow lesson and handouts.
It is intended for teachers to use with a novel or text that they are studying in class.
Reading comprehension strategies like Making Connections help students engage with the text and gain a deeper understanding than just passively reading.
If you want this product with reading texts, please check out our Reading for Meaning Comprehension Strategies bundle.