Also included in
- Save money with this discounted set of Reading Strategy Task Card Sets for grades 2-5. Each set includes 24 cards, student recording sheet, and a colorful poster. Please see below for digital options included:Sets included: Author's Purpose - with Easel ActivitySummarize It! - with Google SlidesMaki$7.96$9.96Save $2.00
- Huge discounted bundle of 22 sets of Reading Strategy Task Cards! Each card features a short, curriculum-based and/or high-interest passage, along with a text-dependent question or prompt. Challenge cards are also included to extend the learning, as well as student response sheets, and answer keys.$58.20$78.20Save $20.00
- This huge bundle of task cards includes reading skills and strategies, figurative language, vocabulary, sentence building and punctuation, parts of speech, affixes and roots, writing prompts, and plenty of overall ELA test prep and review. There are 107 products in this bundle, but you will get clos$273.72$373.72Save $100.00
Your students will love these 24 making conenctions task cards!
Use these 24 task cards to help your students practice the making connections reading strategy. Each card prompts the student to make a different connection: text to self, text to text, and text to world.
Flexible Features: Use with or without technology!
- Printable in color or black and white (4 cards-to-a-page)
- Digital Google Slides version
- Digital Easel Activity version
- Audio support included
The cards are divided into three sets of eight, one set for each of the three types of connection (text to self, text to text, and text to world). You will also find a Challenge Card that can be used in conjunction with any other card in the set, which asks students to make connections to media. Because text to text and especially text to world can be challenging, the cards have been created with stories specifically written to spark ideas.
There are several ways to use these cards! You could use them orally with small groups and have students discuss the answers, or they could be used individually, with students answering on notebook paper or on the answer sheets provided at the end of the document. A handy recording sheet is also included so students can track which cards they have completed. There is a FREE Making Connections poster included as well!
Print this set out in color or black and white! For black and white printing, please use the included black line version. If you are printing in black and white, consider printing on colored paper to really make the cards pop. It couldn't be easier, simply print and cut along the guidelines. Laminate and use them again and again. Alternatively, you could print on cardstock. It works well to store them in a baggie or to hole punch the cards and place them on binder rings. A Cover Card for you to label the container or baggie you use to store the cards is also included.
Contents of this set include:
- Directions and Suggestions
- 24 Task Cards - Color
- 24 Task Cards - Black Line
- Challenge Card
- Student Answer Sheets
- Recording Sheet
- Making Connections Poster
- Google Slides Resource
- Easel Resource
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom. If you intend to share with others, please purchase an additional license.
This product is happily brought to you by Cassi Noack and Rachel Lynette of Minds in Bloom