Making Connections Task Cards - Text to Self Text to Text Text to World + Audio
Also included in
- Huge discounted bundle of 22 sets of Reading Strategy Task Cards! Each card features a short, curriculum-based and/or high-interest passage, along with a text-dependent question or prompt. 17 sets include Audio Support and all the sets have Google Apps and Easel resources!This bundle includes 22 tasPrice $64.03Original Price $80.14Save $16.11
- FLASH SALE!!!! 50% OFF! Save money with this discounted set of Reading Strategy Task Card Sets for grades 2-5. Each set includes 24 cards, student recording sheet, and a colorful poster. Please see below for digital options included:Sets included: Author's Purpose Summarize It! Making ConnectionsTerPrice $5.30Original Price $10.53Save $5.23
- This huge bundle of task cards includes reading skills and strategies, figurative language, vocabulary, sentence building and punctuation, parts of speech, affixes and roots, writing prompts, and plenty of overall ELA test prep and review. There are 107 products in this bundle, but you will get closPrice $260.20Original Price $377.43Save $117.23
- Help your students build comprehension with these 8 sets of task cards! The resources in this bundle have been classroom-tested by tens of thousands of teachers and will save you 25% off the regular prices!Each card features a short, curriculum-based and/or high-interest passage. The digital versionPrice $19.96Original Price $28.32Save $8.36
Use these 24 task cards to help your students practice the making connections reading strategy. Each card prompts the student to make a different connection: text to self, text to text, and text to world.
- 24 Task Cards (prints 4 to a page)
- Recording Sheets
- Answer Keys
- Classroom Poster
- Google Slides
- Easel Activity
- Digital or Print
- Challenge Card to extend the lesson
- Audio Support
- Multiple versions of the recording sheet included
Great for 3rd, 4th, or 5th grade!
CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW TO SEE A LOT MORE!
This resource is part of a money-saving bundle!
This bundle includes these resources:
- Main Idea Task Cards
- Theme Task Cards
- Informational Text Structure Task Cards
- Summarizing Task Cards
- Cause and Effect Task Cards
- Compare and Contrast Task Cards
- Author’s Purpose Task Cards
- Making Inferences Set 1 Task Cards
- Making Inferences Set 2 Task Cards
- Making Informational Inferences Task Cards
- Sequencing Task Cards
- Character Traits Inferencing Task Cards
- Drawing Conclusions Task Cards
- Generalizations Task Cards
- Genre Task Cards
- Point of View Set 1 Task Cards
- Point of View Set 2 Task Cards
- Making Predictions Task Cards
- Questioning Task Cards
- Setting Task Cards
- Visualizing Text Task Cards
This resource uses American English and is editable.
The cards are divided into three sets of eight, one set for each of the three types of connection (text to self, text to text, and text to world). You will also find a Challenge Card that can be used in conjunction with any other card in the set, which asks students to make connections to media. Because text to text and especially text to world can be challenging, the cards have been created with stories specifically written to spark ideas.
- Download our to learn 31 different ways you can use this resource!
✏️ "I have an extremely active group this year that thrives from scaffolded, differentiated instruction/activities, so I knew this resource was perfect for my students. My reluctant learners seemed to do well with completing one task card at a time, instead of seeing ALL of the work ahead of them on a worksheet. I varied the number of task cards I assigned students based on practice they needed at the time." -Sarah P.
✏️ "Great examples to use to teach making connections. I used these in small group instruction and students enjoyed responding to these task cards." -Sarah H.
✏️ "My students use this as comprehension task cards for Reading Groups. The texts are great for their reading level and they love this activity!" -Cui Yean T.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LOVE…
- Close Reading Passages & Questions
- Reading Response Task Cards
- Scavenger Hunts
- Close Reading Toolkit BUNDLE
Be the first to know about discounts, freebies and new resources!
- Follow us on .
- Join our .
- Check out our Blog
- Follow us on Social Media - or
Get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
- Go to your My Purchases page.
- Click on the Provide Feedback button to leave a rating and a short comment.
- You’ll earn TPT credits, which you can redeem on future purchases!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ WE STRIVE FOR 5 STARS! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
NEED HELP? Before leaving feedback:
About the Author
Rachel Lynette is a published author of over 120 nonfiction books for children on a variety of subjects, as well as several teacher resource books. She has written for publishers such as Harcourt, Thompson-Gale, Rosen, Children’s Press, Evan-Moor, Kagan, and several others. This resource reflects more than a decade of professional writing experience.
This resource was created by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack for Minds in Bloom INC., all rights reserved. It may be used by the original purchaser for single class use only. Teachers may distribute this product in email, through google classroom or over the Internet to their students (and parents) as long as the site is password protected. In other words, you may distribute it to your own students, but may not put it on the Internet where it could be publicly found and downloaded.
This product is happily brought to you by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack of Minds in Bloom