Also included in
- This Reading Informational 3rd Grade Bundle includes 9 different nonfiction or informational packs for the ELA domain. These units focus on the Common Core skills in the Reading Literature domain. They include lesson plans, printable worksheets, passages, and small group activities. If you are not a$53.00$60.75Save $7.75
- This Reading Informational 3rd Grade Bundle includes 9 different nonfiction or informational packs for the ELA domain. These units focus on the Common Core skills in the Reading Literature domain. They include lesson plans, printable worksheets, passages, and small group activities. If you are not a$92.00$114.75Save $22.75
- Teach your 3rd grade students all of the Common Core ELA standards with ease. This bundle provides you with lesson plans for all standards, plus supplemental activities for students to practice their reading, writing, language, foundational skills, and speaking and listening skills. Current digital$175.00$275.25Save $100.25
This Informational Connections unit is packed full of standards-based lesson plans, professionally Lexiled passages, and activities to use while you are teaching the standard RI.3.3. If you are not teaching Common Core, then the unit is still valuable to use when teaching 3rd grade students to make connections and find relationships between steps in a technical procedure, events in a historical event, or ideas in a scientific process.
*There is now a digital component included in this resource. The passages, graphic organizers, and assessment are now created in Google Slides. You can get access to the digital versions on page 5 of the PDF. (The lesson plans and small group activities are not digitally converted at this time.)*
Please check out the preview to see ALL the Making Connections resources that you're getting!
In the pack you will receive:
- 4 Mini Lessons
- 9 Graphic Organizers
- 7 Lexile leveled Passages (levels listed below)
- 9 Interactive Pieces (for notebook or plain paper)
- 12 Task Cards for any text
- 1 Summative Assessment (with answer key)
- Answer Keys for certain lesson plan activities, all passages, and assessment
The reading passages and assessments are now professionally leveled by Lexile.
- Making a PB&J- 740L
- Let's Make a Snowman- 620L
- A Chocolate Treat- 620L
- Finding America- 770L
- Harriet's Help- 770L
- The Wright Idea- 790L
- Keeping Your Plant Alive- 770L
- The Water Cycle- 790L
- One Object: Three States of Matter- 750L
- Two Lives- 810L
- Assessment Reading #1- 760L
- Assessment Reading #2- 630L
Describe the relationship between a series of historical events, scientific ideas or concepts, or steps in technical procedures in a text, using language that pertains to time, sequence, and cause/effect.
If you're interested in using only the digital versions of the passages and graphic organizers, you can buy the 3rd Grade Digital bundle here. This only comes with digital versions of the passages and graphic organizers.
*Update- A few lessons have been updated and changed, so that there are more differences between the 2nd and 3rd grade sets. There are similarities between the 2nd and 3rd grade units, but the lesson plans are now updated with different topics.*
SAVE BIG! Buy this pack in 2 possible bundles.
This purchase is for one single classroom only.
If you're interested in sharing with other classrooms, make sure to buy the extra licenses for a discount through the TeachersPayTeachers tool. If you are interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at jessica.L.email@example.com.