• This packet provides an excellent opportunity to teach and/or review the skills needed to make correct graphs from data.
• This packet contains graph practice for a bar graph, double bar graph, histogram, line graph, double line graph, and pie graph.
• I typically use this at the end of the school year in our graphing unit.
• I do one graph per day for a total of 6 days. For my advanced class I typically do bar and double bar together, line and double line together, histogram on one day, and pie graph on one day for a total of 4 days.
• I give a brief mini-lesson at the start, making sure to go through the checklist for that day’s type of graph. Make sure to emphasize labels and a graph title as those are the most commonly forgotten items.
• Students then have the rest of their time to complete the graph and color it. I always emphasize that they need to complete their graph in pencil before trying to add color as pencil can be erased but crayon cannot.
• Also make sure to emphasize the checklist so that they can maximize their points.
• I’ve included the answer key as well as two rubrics. Since this takes a week, I always make it worth quite a bit of points. I’ve included the rubric where each item is worth 5 points as well as a rubric where each item is worth 25 points (since my classroom is gamified each assignment is worth lots and lots of points).
• I always give my students the rubric on the last day to use to go through their packet one final time before it is graded.
This activity requires NO teacher prep!!!
Simply print out the six page packet for students as well as copies of the rubric and you’re good to go!
Be sure to check out:
My Square Puzzle QuestsLong Division: One Digit DivisorsOrder of Operations: Positive IntegersLong Division: Two Digit DivisorsBasic Operations with IntegersCombining Like Terms in Algebraic ExpressionsPopulation Relationships Scavenger Hunt1 step Equations using positive integers
More items are added daily! If you have a request for a topic, please contact me. I can have it for you asap!
LICENSING TERMS: This purchase includes a license for one teacher only for personal use in their classroom. No part of this resource is to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are a coach, principal, or district interested in transferable licenses to accommodate yearly staff changes, please contact me at email@example.com.
COPYRIGHT TERMS: Copyright 2017 Kristine Vasher (The Math Detective). This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives, unless the site is password protected and can only be accessed by students.