Want to help students understand how to make inferences from implied information in a passage? Then this 3-day mini-unit will help you do just that!
This interactive notebook resource is designed to help students practice and master the skill of making inferences in an engaging way. Students will progress through 3 days of hands-on and fun lessons while they showcase their learning with 18 interactive shapes!
Each lesson starts with a fun and engaging activity --- Inference Charades, Whose Locker is This? Clues/Writing Prompt, and the Top Secret Principal’s Files Activity. Direct instruction on inferring combined with the analysis of five different reading passages further develop students’ ability to make inferences. By the end of the 3-day unit, you’ll be so impressed with the way that students combine what the text says directly with their background knowledge to make the best possible inference!
This detailed Interactive Notebook Making Inferences mini-unit includes:
- Tips for Implementing Interactive Notebooks
- 3 Detailed Daily Lesson Plans
- 21 Inference Charades Cards
- Making Inferences Guided Notes
- Tips for Making Inferences Interactive Shape
- 3 Short Reading Passages and Making Inferences Graphic Organizers
- Principal Files Clues (4 sets of 4 clues)
- Principal Files Top Secret Interactive Shape
- Inference Question Stems Slider and Guided Notes
- “Great Barrier Reef” Reading Passage and Interactive Inference Graphic Organizer
- Whose Locker is This Clues and Writing Prompt
- Quick Inferring Clues and Shape
- Long Reading Passage
- 3 Multiple-Choice Questions and Textual Evidence Shapes
- Pictures to show the interactive notebook shapes
- All keys for student work and instruction
This unit is also available in a traditional format where students work in student packets. You can check them out here: Making Inferences Mini-Unit
Have you seen this super fun companion resource? It's a Making Inferences Doodle and Do Mini-Unit
- Doodle Notes and Learning Activities!
Or, you may also like…
Independent Reading Program - 6-week program – any book!
Memoir Writing Unit
Emergency Sub Plans
- No copies needed!
Following is Fun!
Get the inside scoop on all store discounts, free products, and product launches. Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page or click the green “Follow Me” star on my store homepage.
*** Click HERE
to receive the Brain Waves Instruction Newsletter
filled with exclusive FREEBIES and Teaching Tips!
*** Click HERE
to become a seller on TpT
(Referral by Brain Waves Instruction)
Brain Waves Instruction