If you’re looking for an engaging way to help students learn how to make inferences
, then you’re going to love this Learning Ladder resource. This resource includes 5 interactive activities to help students learn how to make inferences
What is a Learning Ladder?
A Learning Ladder is an instructional model that is incredibly engaging and extremely educational at the same time. Just as a ladder is meant to be climbed one step at a time, the tasks in this learning ladder resource build on each other one interactive task at a time.
Designed for small groups of students, yet adaptable to other types of instruction, each learning ladder step includes directions, skill instruction, and interactive learning tasks for students to complete. As students progress through each step their understanding of the reading comprehension skill develops further and further. In the end, they develop a deep understanding of the skill through cooperative and hands-on learning activities.
What are the benefits of Learning Ladders?
• Each learning ladder task is focused on a single element of the reading comprehension skill so that students can practice specific reading techniques.
• The skills build on each other so that students are able to develop their understanding in a purposeful manner.
• Learning Ladders are designed for small group instruction. Working collaboratively promotes a learning community in the classroom.
• While progressing through each learning ladder task students have ample opportunities to practice and develop their reading comprehension.
• The Learning Ladder resources are 100% print-and-implement. Everything you need to teach learning ladders in your classroom tomorrow is included in the resource:
----- Learning Ladder Implementation Guide
----- Learning Ladder Step Cover Pages
----- Teacher Resources - 5 Detailed Step Overview and Set-Up Guides
----- Learning Ladder Materials for each Step (includes directions, skill instruction, and activity resources)
----- Student Worksheets to record their learning
About Learning Ladders - Making Inferences
What is an inference?
Students learn about making inferences and practice the skill with 12 inference clue cards.
How do you make an inference?
Students create interactive inference equations in response to six mini-passages.
What is an educated guess?
Students make educated guesses using interactive foldables in response to two reading passages.
Why do readers make inferences?
Students demonstrate why readers make inferences after reading a poem and nonfiction and fiction passages.
What do you know about inferences?
Students demonstrate what they have learned in the former learning ladder step with their responses to three reading passages.
This Learning Ladder Resource is designed as a companion to this Making Inferences Mini-Unit
and this Making Inferences Doodle and Do Mini-Unit
- Doodle Notes and Learning Activities!
You may also like…
Reading Comprehension Skills - ULTIMATE BUNDLE
- 12 Mini-Units!
Poetry Analysis Unit
Myth Writing Unit
Following is Fun!
Get the inside scoop on all store discounts, free products, and product launches. Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page or click the green “Follow Me” star on my store homepage.
*** Click HERE
to receive the Brain Waves Instruction Newsletter
filled with exclusive FREEBIES and Teaching Tips!
*** Click HERE
to become a seller on TpT
(Referral by Brain Waves Instruction)
Brain Waves Instruction