Products in this Bundle (2)
Also included in
- This Reading Bundle contains 10 essential reading units for 4th and 5th graders in both print and digital for Google Classroom™ (and other top educational platforms) which will help your students increase their reading comprehension. The bundle includes engaging passages, graphic organizers, activit$45.00$69.50Save $24.50
This Inferences Bundle Using Literature and Informational Text for 4th and 5th graders comes in both print and digital (for Google Classroom and other top educational platforms) and is filled with passages, 5 sets of task cards, posters, games, and activities to help your students practice the very important reading strategy of making inferences using fiction and nonfiction.
The Informational Text Unit includes: (Print and Digital)
- Historical Text: Pizza's Early History
- Historical Text: Basketball's Invention
- Historical Text: Pony Express Riders
- Scientific Text: Comets
- Scientific Text: Grizzly Bears
- Scientific Text: Gecko Lizards
- Technical Text: How to Make a Volcano
32 Picture Inference Task Cards
32 What is it? Inference Task Cards
Step by Step Inferences Handout
Inference Question Types Handout/Mini-Poster
Making Inferences Graphic Organizer
Secrets from the Trash Activity (with 32 Task Cards)
Inference Windows Worksheet (clues with flaps to reveal a mystery item)
What’s in Mrs. (or Miss/Ms.) _____________'s Purse (or Mr. ______'s Bag) Activity
Top Secret Inference Bag Homework Activities
5 Question Types Posters
Teacher Notes for Digital with LINKS
The Inferences Using Literature Set includes: (Print and Digital)
32 Inference Riddles Task Cards (and student record sheet)
32 Inferences from Pictures Task Cards (and student record sheet)
6 Double-Sided Passages with Questions
- The Grasshopper and the Ant
- Turtle and Pigeon
- The Stonecutter
- Being Greedy Doesn't Pay, Anansi
- The Lost Horse
- The Story of Arachne
Top Secret Mystery Box Homework
Inference Types Handout
Making Inferences Graphic Organizer
Occupation Inferences Worksheet
Character Inference Windows
Inferences from a Shopping Bag Game (cards, record sheet, and shopping bag tag)
Keys Teacher Notes
Teacher Notes for Digital with LINKS and a step by step explanation of making an assignment in Google Classroom™
*** This bundle lets you SAVE MORE and GET MORE inference resources to help your students master this important reading concept!
Why you'll love this resource:
- There are a variety of materials included, from task cards, to games, activities, passages, and graphic organizers.
- Everything comes in both print and digital, so it works well in the classroom, for homeschool, and for distance learning.
- The passages are high interest and include fiction and nonfiction reading.
- The fiction inference set includes Aesop's Fables, a Greek Myth and folktales from around the world, which are engaging but not always easy to find.
- You can use this resource in so many ways, from reader's workshop time, guided reading, literacy centers, whole class games, exit slips, SCOOT and scavenger hunts, homework, test prep, and more!
If you'd like to see each unit in more detail, here they are:
Need more inference resources?
Looking for other 4th/5th grade resources?
Finally, if you like my work, I would love for you to follow me by clicking on the green star at the top of the page.
Thanks so much!
©The Teacher Next Door™
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom or one homeschool parent with his/her children. If you would like to share with others, please purchase an additional license.
This resource may only be placed on a password-protected website for your students, like Google Classroom™. It may not be placed anywhere else on the internet, on a class or school website visible to the public, or on a district server. Please email me if you have any questions: email@example.com.