These making inferences printables contain passages and inference riddles for 3rd-5th grade. These no prep, print and go pages give students practice searching for clues to make inferences as well as creating riddles to be "on the other end" of inferencing.
This inferencing product contains two instructional pages with examples and explanations (anchor charts) of making inferences, 10 printables with passages and related questions designed to show students how inferencing works (these pages also incorporate the inferencing equation with the puzzle pieces), 10 pages of riddles where students use inferencing skills to solve the riddle as well as space on each page to create their own riddle (using the same category as the riddle that they solved). Creating riddles helps students use inferencing skills at a deeper level.
Please click on the preview to see a sample of the layout and send me a message if you have any questions!
Please note that there are TWO additional inferencing products available in my store here (you can also purchase all three products in a bundle at a 25% discount). Here are the links:
MAKING INFERENCES PRINTABLES AND RIDDLES
MAKING INFERENCES TASK CARDS
MAKING INFERENCES USING PICTURES
MAKING INFERENCES BUNDLE
You may also be interested in these task card and/or grammar products:
TASK CARD PRODUCTS
Sign up for access to my EXCLUSIVE FREE RESOURCE LIBRARY AND NEWSLETTER.
For updates on new products and product specials, follow me:
MY TPT STORE
Kirsten has 18 years of experience in elementary education. She has been a homeroom teacher for first grade, third grade, and fourth grade, as well as ESL. She has also been a school counselor for grades PK-6, an ESL pullout teacher for K-6, and a Reading Recovery Teacher. She received her Bachelor’s degree in elementary education and psychology from The University of Iowa and a Master’s of Education in school counseling from Sam Houston State University. She believes that students make the most progress when they are engaged in their hearts as well as their minds. Her resources offer relevant, rigorous, engaging content that nurtures the whole child.
Copyright © Kirsten’s Kaboodle. All Rights Reserved.
• Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY.
• Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden.
• If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
• You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid).
• Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
• You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
• Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.