Also included in
- Printable and digital reading centers! Reading centers are the perfect way to have your students practice reading skills in isolation of novels and independent reading.Note: All of the puzzles now include digital versions! See pages 3-4 of each PDF for details and links to access the digital reading$24.00$36.00Save $12.00
- This is a heavily discounted MEGA bundle of all of the reading centers and games for 4th and 5th grade that I have available in my TeachersPayTeachers store. Here are the bundles included in this MEGA bundle (click on each resource to read more about the centers included):Fiction Reading Comprehensi$116.00$232.00Save $116.00
Puzzles are not just for primary grades or math. These making inferences puzzles will not only allow your students to practice 4th/5th grade level inference skills, but they will also be engaged with the novel format.
Note: This inference activity now includes DIGITAL reading puzzles as well as printable ones. See pages 3-4 of the PDF for the details and links.
This reading center resource includes two sets of inference puzzles to practice making inferences.
Set 1: The students will read each text and use clues to infer the setting.
Set 2: The students will read each text and use clues to infer the main character’s job.
Two different direction versions are included to help you best use this resource for your students.
Version 1: The students will read each text, make the appropriate inference, and then find the puzzle piece that matches.
Version 2: The students will read each text, make the appropriate inference, write that inference on their recording sheets, and then find the puzzle piece that matches.
Directions and specific recording sheets for the different versions can be found following the puzzle pieces.
Answer keys are also included. The evidence from the text section has all of the different text evidence listed out in a list format to help with scoring since there are so many different pieces of evidence in each text. However, I recommend having your students list a specific amount of evidence (I do three) and having it in sentence format.
Directions and specific recording sheets for the different versions can be found following the puzzle pieces. Answer keys are also included.
For the digital version, the students will read two stories per slide and make an inference. There are two sets: inferring setting and inferring the main character’s job.
There are also TWO versions for each set:
•Version 1 – 6 choices per slide
•Version 2- Scaffolded – 4 choices per slide
To make this making inference activity work in a digital format, the template has been modified and reimaged for optimal digital use.
This digital inferring activity has been created for use with Google Slides. Please see the preview to see the digital puzzles.
Need More Digital Reading Activities for 4th and 5th Grade?
- Self- Grading Digital Reading with Google Forms
- Digital Reading Activities for Grades 4-5
- 4th and 5th Grade Reading Intervention
- 4th and 5th Grade Digital Reading Review
- Digital Theme Activities
- Digital Inference Activities
- Digital Poetry Activities
- Digital Text Structure Activities
- Digital Color by Reading Activities
- Digital Reading Sorts
- Digital Reading Anchor Charts
- Digital Reading Flipbooks
- Digital Reading Notebooks