Making Inferences--Reading Minilessons for Inferring
Also included in
- Engage your readers all year long with active strategies to help build understanding and comprehension of text. This reading minilesson plan will take you and your readers through...launching reader's workshopmonitoring comprehensiontracking and analyzing charactersdeveloping inferential understandPrice $158.00Original Price $197.50Save $39.50
- Making inferences can be difficult for some young readers. When teaching the comprehension strategy of inferring, it’s important to make it visual for students to understand the inferring process. Inferential understanding and “reading between the lines” can lead students to think beyond the text anPrice $15.00Original Price $18.00Save $3.00
Inferring is always a difficult strategy for students. The intention of this study is for students to dig deeper into a text for better understanding and comprehension. Inferential understanding and “reading between the lines” can lead students to think beyond the text and reflect on their thinking.
Included are minilessons to build and develop the strategy of inferring.
Key Teaching Points:
• What is inferring? Why do I need to infer?
• Inferring with pictures
• Surface understanding vs. Inferential understanding
• The author wrote… So, I think…
• Prediction vs. Inference
• Inferring about character
• Inferential questioning
• Inferring Beyond the Text
This product is also part of my Reading Workshop Curriculum Bundle.
You might also be interested in this companion product
Making Inferences Think Sheets and Printables to Make Inferring Visible
You might also be interested in these other Reading Units of Study...
· Introducing the Inquiry Process
· Following Characters Through a Fiction Story
· Poetry--It's More Than Rhyme Schemes and Stanzas
· Synthesizing Text for a Deeper Understanding
· Book Projects--Fostering Student Independence
As always, if you plan to share this product with other education professionals, additional licenses MUST be purchased for each individual using the product. Additional licenses are available for purchase on this product page.
Any feedback you give regarding this product will be greatly appreciated.
Please click the green star to follow me and to never miss when new products are added to my store.
Please visit my literacy blog at www.LiteracyTreasures.com for tips, tricks and strategies to use within your literacy instruction.
You can also find me on…
Website Literacy Treasures
Facebook Literacy Treasures