Inferring is a crucial reading strategy for both enjoyment and comprehension. This collection of materials is designed to give you a set of resources to use in your classroom planning and teaching.
Included in this package:
* Suggested teaching ideas with all necessary materials.
* Graphic organizers for students to use while learning this reading strategy.
* A Q-chart - use as an anchor chart or blackline master.
* Two double-sided bookmark options
* A rubric that you could use to assess learning.
* Success criteria and learning goals poster for your class.
* Book list of titles that are recommended for teaching and practising inferring.
* Media list
* Diagnostic/summative assessment sheet to use with any reading text - easily differentiated
* Student reflection/goal setting sheet to use with assessments
* Two different reading logs
* Reading goals tracking sheet
* Booktalk checklist
This is a zip file containing all PDF documents so everyone should be able to easily access all material.
Questioning Reading Strategy Package
Synthesizing Reading Strategy Package
Summarizing Reading Strategy Package