Also included in
- Huge discounted bundle of 22 sets of Reading Strategy Task Cards! Each card features a short, curriculum-based and/or high-interest passage, along with a text-dependent question or prompt. 17 sets include Audio Support and all the sets have Google Apps and Easel resources!This bundle includes 22 tas$64.03$80.03Save $16.00
- This huge bundle of task cards includes reading skills and strategies, figurative language, vocabulary, sentence building and punctuation, parts of speech, affixes and roots, writing prompts, and plenty of overall ELA test prep and review. There are 107 products in this bundle, but you will get clos$277.02$377.02Save $100.00
- Each card features a short, engaging passage, a text-dependent inference question, and a second question requiring students to justify their response. Each set also includes a cover card, challenge cards, a student response sheet, and answer keys. This bundle includes the original Inference Task Car$9.29$13.29Save $4.00
- Your kids will be inference masters with this discounted bundle! Includes 6 sets of fun and challenging cards. Each card features a short passage and text-dependent questions. All sets come with answer keys and either a student answer sheet or recording sheet. There are also challenge cards to add$15.59$20.59Save $5.00
- These 8 sets of task cards have been classroom-tested by tens of thousands of teachers. Each card features a short, curriculum-based and/or high-interest passage, along with a text-dependent question or prompt. Challenge cards are also included to extend the learning. There are also answer keys. In$25.41$33.41Save $8.00
- Not only are these the top sellers in our store, they are also some of the best selling products on all of TpT! Classroom-tested by tens of thousands of teachers, you can't go wrong with these 6 ELA resources. Distance LearningAll of these products can be printed out or used digitally:Figurative Lan$49.81$61.81Save $12.00
- Your students will get plenty of inferencing practice in this bundle that includes 48 Inference Task Cards and Google Slides plus an optional self-checking version is included! Each card/slide features a short passage with a text-dependent question plus a follow-up question asking students to explai$4.78$6.78Save $2.00
- Help your students build comprehension with these 8 sets of task cards! The resources in this bundle have been classroom-tested by tens of thousands of teachers and will save you 25% off the regular prices!Each card features a short, curriculum-based and/or high-interest passage. The digital version$19.96$28.32Save $8.36
Making Inferences is an important reading skill, and these inferencing task cards and digital activities can help!
Each card/slide features a short passage with a text-dependent question plus a follow-up question asking students to explain their reasoning. Students will need to use clues within the text to infer their answers.
- 24 Task Cards (prints 4 to a page)
- Recording Sheets
- Answer Keys
- Directions & Suggestions
- Google Slides (Regular & Self-checking versions included)
- Easel Activity
- Digital or Print
- Challenge Card to extend the lesson
- Reference Poster
- Audio Support
- Optional Self-Checking Google Slides
- Multiple versions of the recording sheet included
Great for 4th, or 5th, or 6th grade!
CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW TO SEE A LOT MORE!
This resource uses American English and is editable.
Keep reading to learn more...
These making inferences task cards are perfect for test prep! Use orally in small groups, or individually as a writing assignment at a literacy center. Another option is to use one card at a time with the entire class. Students can answer on notebook paper and track the cards they have completed on the included recording sheet. An answer key is also included. In addition, there is an inference poster, a cover/label card, and a challenge card that can be used with any other card in the set to extend the activity.
- Download our to learn 31 different ways you can use this resource including:
- Test Prep
- Small Group
- Independent Practice
- Literacy Center or Station
- Whole Group
- Game Cards
✏️ "I have had such a hard time finding inference activities for small groups or individual students...this is perfect! The students can discuss, they have to justify their reasoning, and their ability to make inferences is strengthened through this practice. Thank you!!!!" -Rebecca G.
✏️ "Absolutely love these! Taught using a few each day when teaching inferences skill then used one or two occasionally to review as "bell" work as the kids entered my classroom each day. Interesting to see/hear what the kids inferred on some - more than one inference possible on some which encouraged debate using text details to support inference." -Christina L.
✏️ "The rigor of these cards is perfect for where my kiddos are right now. They "get" just enough on their own to feel successful, but there is certainly enough meat to really make most of my students think." -Wendy L.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LOVE…
Common Core Standards:
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.4.1 Refer to details and examples in a text when explaining what the text says explicitly and when drawing inferences from the text.
Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills TEKS:
Be the first to know about discounts, freebies and new resources!
- Follow us on .
- Join our .
- Check out our Blog
- Follow us on Social Media - or
Get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
- Go to your My Purchases page.
- Click on the Provide Feedback button to leave a rating and a short comment.
- You’ll earn TPT credits, which you can redeem on future purchases!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ WE STRIVE FOR 5 STARS! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
NEED HELP? Before leaving feedback:
About the Author
These passages were written by me, Rachel Lynette. I am a published author of over 120 nonfiction books for children on a variety of subjects, as well as several teacher resource books. I have written for publishers such as Harcourt, Thompson-Gale, Rosen, Children’s Press, Evan-Moor, Kagan, and several others. These passages reflect more than a decade of professional writing experience.
This resource was created by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack for Minds in Bloom INC., all rights reserved. It may be used by the original purchaser for single class use only. Teachers may distribute this product in email, through google classroom or over the Internet to their students (and parents) as long as the site is password protected. In other words, you may distribute it to your own students, but may not put it on the Internet where it could be publicly found and downloaded.
This product is happily brought to you by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack of Minds in Bloom