Also included in
- This bundle contains Inference task cards in two formats: Traditional printable task cards and digital Boom Cards! Please note that the content for both products is the same. Only the format is different. This bundle is for educators that want both formats.Happy Teaching!Rachel LynetteMinds in Bloom$3.98$5.69Save $1.71
- Huge discounted bundle of 22 sets of Reading Strategy Task Cards! Each card features a short, curriculum-based and/or high-interest passage, along with a text-dependent question or prompt. Challenge cards are also included to extend the learning, as well as student response sheets, and answer keys.$57.48$77.48Save $20.00
- These 8 sets of task cards have been classroom-tested by tens of thousands of teachers. Each card features a short, curriculum-based and/or high-interest passage, along with a text-dependent question or prompt. Challenge cards are also included to extend the learning. There are also answer keys. In$24.86$30.86Save $6.00
- This huge bundle of task cards includes reading skills and strategies, figurative language, vocabulary, sentence building and punctuation, parts of speech, affixes and roots, writing prompts, and plenty of overall ELA test prep and review. There are 107 products in this bundle, but you will get clos$272.93$372.93Save $100.00
- Your kids will be inference masters with this discounted bundle! Includes 6 sets of fun and challenging cards. Each card features a short passage and text-dependent questions. All sets come with answer keys and either a student answer sheet or recording sheet. There are also challenge cards to add$15.92$19.92Save $4.00
- Each card features a short, engaging passage, a text-dependent inference question, and a second question requiring students to justify their response. Each set also includes a cover card, challenge cards, a student response sheet, and answer keys. This bundle includes the original Inference Task Car$9.37$12.37Save $3.00
Your students will get plenty of inferencing practice with these 24 task cards and Google Slides. Each card/slide features a short passage with a text-dependent question plus a follow-up question asking students to explain their reasoning. Students will need to use clues within the text to infer their answers.
Google Slides Added May 19, 2020
Perfect for test prep. Use orally in small groups, or individually as a writing assignment at a literacy center. Another option is to use one card at a time with the entire class. Students can answer on notebook paper and track the cards they have completed on the included recording sheet. An answer key is also included. In addition, there is an inference poster, a cover/label card, and a challenge card that can be used with any other card in the set to extend the activity.
There is also a Challenge Card that can be used in conjunction with any other card to extend the activity. These task cards are perfect for test prep and will work well at literacy centers, stations, for partner work, or with the whole class using a game like Scoot.
Now includes blackline versions for printing on colored paper!
Contents of this set include:
- Directions and Suggestions
- 24 Task Cards - Color
- 24 Task Cards - Black Line
- 24 Google Slides with built-in text boxes
- Challenge Card
- Student Answer Sheets
- Answer Key
What teachers have said about this resource:
♥ I have had such a hard time finding inference activities for small groups or individual students...this is perfect! The students can discuss, they have to justify their reasoning, and their ability to make inferences is strengthened through this practice. Thank you!!!!
♥ Absolutely love these! Taught using a few each day when teaching inferences skill then used one or two occasionally to review as "bell" work as the kids entered my classroom each day. Interesting to see/hear what the kids inferred on some - more than one inference possible on some which encouraged debate using text details to support inference. -Christina L.
♥The rigor of these cards is perfect for where my kiddos are right now. They "get" just enough on their own to feel successful, but there is certainly enough meat to really make most of my students think. -Wendy L.
Common Core Standards addressed in this set:
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.4.1 Refer to details and examples in a text when explaining what the text says explicitly and when drawing inferences from the text.
About the Author
These passages were written by me, Rachel Lynette. I am a published author of over 120 nonfiction books for children on a variety of subjects, as well as several teacher resource books. I have written for publishers such as Harcourt, Thompson-Gale, Rosen, Children’s Press, Evan-Moor, Kagan, and several others. These passages reflect more than a decade of professional writing experience.
This product is happily brought to you by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack of Minds in Bloom