Also included in
- These 10 sets of task cards are a great way to try a variety of different task cards presented in several different formats. You are likely to find it useful if: -You have never used task cards, but would like to try-You have switched grade levels from primary to upper elementary (grades 3-5)-You wo$18.85$33.56Save $14.71
- Huge discounted bundle of 22 sets of Reading Strategy Task Cards! Each card features a short, curriculum-based and/or high-interest passage, along with a text-dependent question or prompt. Challenge cards are also included to extend the learning, as well as student response sheets, and answer keys.$45.98$78.20Save $32.22
- This huge bundle of task cards includes reading skills and strategies, figurative language, vocabulary, sentence building and punctuation, parts of speech, affixes and roots, writing prompts, and plenty of overall ELA test prep and review. There are 107 products in this bundle, but you will get clos$218.34$373.35Save $155.01
- Each card features a short, engaging passage, a text-dependent inference question, and a second question requiring students to justify their response. Each set also includes a cover card, challenge cards, a student response sheet, and answer keys. This bundle includes the original Inference Task Car$7.50$12.37Save $4.87
Inference is such a tricky skill to master, but these 24 cards (and slides)
can help! Use them orally in small groups, or individually as a writing assignment at a literacy center. Another option is to use one card at a time with the entire class. Students can answer on notebook paper and track the cards they have completed on the included
Google Slides added October 2020
Recording Sheet. Alternatively, student Answer Sheets are provided. An Answer Key is also included. In addition, there is an inference poster, and a Challenge Card that can be used with any other card in the set to extend the activity. Blackline versions of the cards are included for printing on colored paper.
Contents of this set include:
- Directions and Suggestions
- 24 Task Cards - Color
- 24 Task Cards - Blackline
- 24 Google Slides (with text boxes)
- Challenge Card and Cover Card
- Student Answer Sheets
- Answer Key
- Inference Poster
Common Core Standards addressed in this set:
These cards are correlated with the following Common Core Standard for grades 4,5, and 6.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.1 Refer to details and examples in a text when explaining what the text says explicitly and when drawing inferences from the text.
About the Author
These passages were written by me, Rachel Lynette. I am a published author of over 120 nonfiction books for children on a variety of subjects, as well as several teacher resource books. I have written for publishers such as Harcourt, Thompson-Gale, Rosen, Children’s Press, Evan-Moor, Kagan, and several others. These passages reflect more than a decade of professional writing experience.
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom. If you intend to share with others, please purchase an additional license.
Minds in Bloom