Also included in
- This Inferences Bundle Using Literature and Informational Text for 4th and 5th graders comes in both print and digital (for Google Classroom and other top educational platforms) and is filled with passages, 5 sets of task cards, posters, games, and activities to help your students practice the very$10.00$14.00Save $4.00
- This Reading Bundle contains 10 essential reading units for 4th and 5th graders in both print and digital for Google Classroom™ (and other top educational platforms) which will help your students increase their reading comprehension. The bundle includes engaging passages, graphic organizers, activit$45.00$69.50Save $24.50
This Inferences Using Informational Text unit comes in a print and a digital version (for Google Classroom and other top educational platforms) and has 7 passages (historical, scientific, and technical), 3 sets of task cards, posters, games, and fun activities, that will help your students master making inferences. The inference activities are easy to scaffold in your classroom and the teacher notes provided give lots of helpful tips to make the unit easy to teach and manage!
This set includes: (Print and Digital)
- Historical Text: Pizza's Early History
- Historical Text: Basketball's Invention
- Historical Text: Pony Express Riders
- Scientific Text: Comets
- Scientific Text: Grizzly Bears
- Scientific Text: Gecko Lizards
- Technical Text: How to Make a Volcano
32 Picture Inference Task Cards
32 What is it? Inference Task Cards
Step by Step Inferences Handout
Inference Question Types Handout/Mini-Poster
Making Inferences Graphic Organizer
Secrets from the Trash Activity (with 32 Task Cards)
Inference Windows Worksheet (clues with flaps to reveal a mystery item)
What’s in Mrs. (or Miss/Ms.) _____________'s Purse (or Mr. ______'s Bag) Activity
Top Secret Inference Bag Homework Activities
5 Question Types Posters
Teacher Notes for Digital with LINKS
SAVE MORE and GET MORE inference resources to help your students master this important reading concept with the Inferences Bundle: Fiction and Nonfiction for 4th and 5th Grades!!! (Click Here)
SAVE EVEN MORE and GET so much MORE with the Reading Bundle for 4th and 5th Grades which has a total of 10 essential reading units, including both Inference units!
Why you'll love this resource:
- There are a variety of materials included, from task cards, to games, activities, passages, and graphic organizers.
- It includes a DIGITAL version that works well for the classroom, homeschool, or for distance learning.
- The passages are high interest and include nonfiction reading from historical, scientific, and technical genres.
- There are THREE SETS OF TASK CARDS, including picture inferences, secrets from the trash inferences, and "What is it?" which has very old or little known items (like an early watch, telephone, or washing machine) and asks students to infer what the object is.
- You can use this resource in so many ways, from reader's workshop time, guided reading, literacy centers, whole class games, exit slips, SCOOT and scavenger hunts, homework, test prep, and more!
If you'd like to see the Inference Using Literature unit in more detail, here it is:
Need more inference resources for 4th and 5th Graders?
Looking for other 4th/5th grade resources?
Finally, if you like my work, I would love for you to follow me by clicking on the green star at the top of the page.
Thanks so much!
©The Teacher Next Door™
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom or one homeschool parent with his/her children. If you would like to share with others, please purchase an additional license.
This resource may only be placed on a password-protected website for your students, like Google Classroom™. It may not be placed anywhere else on the internet, on a class or school website visible to the public, or on a district server. Please email me if you have any questions: email@example.com.