Products in this Bundle (6)
showing 1-5 of 6 products
Also included in
- One of my favorite ways to boost students' reading comprehension is to use a picture of the day routine. Picture of the day is a great way to help students develop inferencing and critical thinking skills, but it can also help them build other comprehension skills and strategies that will help themPrice $18.90Original Price $27.00Save $8.10
One of my favorite ways to boost students reading comprehension is to use a picture of the day routine. Picture of the day is a great way to help students develop inferencing and critical thinking skills, but it can also help them build other comprehension skills and strategies that will help them grow as readers.
This picture of the day bundle will help your students focus on comprehension skills that will help them understand elements of fiction texts.
- 60 picture of the day routines (10 for each skill: characters, setting, plot, point of view, summary, theme)
- Questions and prompts to help develop students understanding of the elements of fiction
- 4 different options for printing
What are the formatting options?
- PowerPoint Presentation - Each slide includes the picture of the day along with questions. The questions will encourage students to think about the the specific focus skill. This option works great if you want to incorporate picture of the day as part of your morning meeting or as a warm-up to your reading block
- Student Worksheet - You also have the option of printing each picture of the day as an individual student worksheet. Students get the same picture and questions, but it is formatted in a way where students can individually write their response to the questions.
- Half Page Task Cards - Same pictures. Same questions. This option works great if you want to use picture of the day as part of your literacy centers or in work stations.
- Digital Option - If you are teaching virtual this next year at all, there is a digital option included. The student worksheet is also available as a digital version created using Google Slides.
How does picture of the day work?
- Students study the picture.
- They apply their reading comprehension skills to the picture.
- Students respond in writing or share their ideas during a class discussion.
- Using picture of the day will help students become more confident and familiar with vocabulary related to understanding fiction and help them apply some of the same comprehension skills that will help them become stronger readers.
When could I use this resource during my day?
- Morning Meeting
- Reading Warm-Up
- Literacy Centers/Workstations
- Sub Tub
- Reading Comprehension Skills Assessment
- Spiral Review
- Independent Practice
**This resource is already included inside The Stellar Teacher Reading Membership
Looking for other resources to help you teach these same fiction skills? Check out these bundles:
- Differentiated Reading Passages - Growing Bundle
- Reading Task Cards - Growing Bundle
- Fiction Strategy Lesson Bundle
- Reading Response Activities & Choice Boards (templates included)
Copyright © The Stellar Teacher Co. LLC
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.