Also included in
- This Making Inferences Bundle can save you valuable time when looking for an effective resource for teaching inferring to young learners. It's great for beginners and struggling students alike. Included are 25 short fiction and nonfiction passages with 3 built-in inferences each! No more scouring th$9.60$12.25Save $2.65
- This set of 24 short Inferring passages can help your students show growth with this difficult skill of Making Inferences. By scaffolding your instruction, your students will be able to more readily grasp this concept. Start by GIVING your students the INFERENCE, then they can give you the TEXT EVID$8.05$10.99Save $2.94
Making Inferences is a hard skill for both teachers and kids. But, with a great resource, it's a little easier. These passages have 3 inferences built right in and the passages are short so they do not overwhelm kids that are struggling with inferring.
Here's what The Fun Factory had to say:
"Thank you for spending your time to make this quality resource! I especially like how the passages each have 3 different SKILLS to work on and that you include answer keys. Love this!"
These MAKING INFERENCES PASSAGES have 3 SKILLS that you can work on.
- Giving Text Evidence for an Inference with the student's schema (background knowledge) (EASIEST)
- Giving an Inference for Text Evidence with the student's schema
- Giving Both Inference and Text Evidence with Schema (HARDEST)
- Connecting to the Text by telling how the character feels and how you know using your own life experiences
If you have purchased my Making Inferences Fiction Passages, these will be similar but not exactly alike. I have changed words to make the reading more challenging and all the names have been changed. They will have a familiar ring, but students will still need to read to find the inferences and text evidence.
About This Product:
There are 3 Pages of 1 kid friendly passage with an inferring graphic organizer that is different for each. The text are around 2nd and Early 3rd grade. The graphic organizer is differentiated, not the text itself.
ANSWER KEYS PROVIDED
Differentiation –Each passage has graphic organizer partially unfilled/filled. Also a blank graphic organizer for when your students are ready to fill in the entire page.
• BELOW LEVEL STUDENTS: GIVE THE STUDENTS THE INFERENCE, THEY GIVE YOU THE TEXT. ALWAYS MODEL AN ENTIRE PASSAGE FIRST. THEN, HAVE THE STUDENTS WORK WITH A PARTNER TO COMPLETE A PASSAGE. AFTER THAT, THEY CAN TRY IT INDEPENDENTLY IF THEY ARE READY.
• ON LEVEL STUDENTS: GIVE THE STUDENTS THE TEXT. THEY GIVE YOU THE INFERENCE. ALWAYS MODEL AN ENTIRE PASSAGE FIRST. THEN, HAVE THE STUDENTS WORK WITH A PARTNER TO COMPLETE A PASSAGE. AFTER THAT, THEY CAN TRY IT INDEPENDENTLY IF THEY ARE READY.
• ABOVE LEVEL STUDENTS: THE STUDENT GIVES THE INFERENCE AND THE SUPPORTING TEXT. ALWAYS MODEL AN ENTIRE PASSAGE FIRST. THEN, HAVE THE STUDENTS WORK WITH A PARTNER TO COMPLETE A PASSAGE. AFTER THAT, THEY CAN TRY IT INDEPENDENTLY IF THEY ARE READY.
Be sure to rate this product and provide feedback to earn TpT credits good toward the purchase of future products!
More Great Inferring Resources:
If you would like to get updates on NEW and CURRENT resources...
Search Key Terms:
| common core | inferring | inference | making inferences | passages | fiction | reading | comprehension | strategies | strategy | graphic organizers | reading comprehension | worksheets | literacy | stations | differentiated | inferencing | reading comprehension passages | making inferences reading passages | making inferences reading comprehension passages | reading comprehension strategies | inferring passages | inferring worksheets | making inferences worksheets with answer key | making inferences worksheets enl | free making inferences | free inferring passages | free inferencing passages | making inferences freebie | free making inferences passages |