****This is set 2 of this particular resource. For set 1, please click here! ****
Regular education teachers, special education teachers, SLPs, or other support professionals could all benefit from using these task cards with their students.
This is a pack of 40 cards providing 'real life' photos to help middle school and high school students make inferences about thoughts and feelings using social cues. This is a vital skill in problem solving and life skills! Making inferences help children to better understand the world around them, and navigate social situations.
Each card prompts the student with 4x questions to work through the concept of making social inferences.
*These task cards can be used for an individual, a small group or a class*!
- Use the cards as a ‘side activity’ during a board game or another therapy task!
- Use these cards as a therapy task of it's own as drill/flashcards to practice making predictions about consequences and choices..
Small group and/or classroom ideas:
- Put the task cards up in different parts of the room (or outside!) and have students walk around with the room with their answer sheets and clip boards
- Have students get into pairs and go on a walk around the room and talk about their answers and thoughts together.
- Use a card or two each morning as part of a guided class discussion.
- Use the cards as a guide for a quiz. Use the flashcards to ask the class the questions, and get the students to write their answers on a sheet to hand up. You'll notice very quickly which students need extra help!
Skills targeted in this resource include:
- Making inferences about perspectives
- Explaining clues that helped to make inferences
- Making inferences about feelings
- Reflecting on own experiences
More products like this:
Follow my store to get notifications for new products, sales and freebies!
***Don't forget to leave feedback! Leaving feedback will give you TPT credits that can be used on future purchases!***