Students with behavior problems often need to be explicitly taught ways to deal with frustration and anger. Without being taught replacement behaviors and having resources available to them, behavior issues can quickly escalate into a tantrum or other disruptive behaviors.
I created this resource to use with some of my students who have behavior problems. It is important to spend time discussing the disruptive behaviors and identify what they can do instead BEFORE the problems begin. These resources are meant to be used as a teaching tool while the student is calm.
Inside this unit, you will find:
- 4 different How I'm Feeling thermometers that students can use to identify their current feelings
- Identifying Smart Choices page
- 3 pages to identify how they look and what they can do when they are calm, frustrated or angry.
- Differentiated What Can I Do when frustrated pages (students can draw or write)
- Differentiated A Better Choice when angry pages (students can draw or write)
- Making Smart Choices reader
Please take a look at the preview page to see the pages in more detail.
Thanks for checking out my products!