In this package you will receive
• Six cartoon drawings: Five drawings of cartoons on a 3 x 4 grid and one drawing of a cartoon on a 3 x 3 grid. Each square in the grid is 2 inches by 2 inches.
• A full set of directions on incorporating the lesson in your geometry classroom for students to make an enlargement, a reduction or a distortion of the cartoon.
• A set of directions for a writing exercises for each student to complete at the conclusion of the lesson.
How to use this package in your geometry classroom?
• Divide you class into groups of four to six students.
• Give each group an envelope that has either 9 or 12 two inch by two inch squares and a set of directions.
• Assign each group the task of reducing the shape, enlarging the shape, or distorting the shape along with new size squares or rectangles to complete the reducing, enlarging or distorting.
• Students use rules and scale factors to reduce, enlarge, or distort their cartoon character. If the cartoon is in color, then crayons, markers, or colored pencils should be used to complete the reduction, enlargement, or distortion.
• Each group should re-assemble their 9 or 12 piece cartoon by using the numbers on the back of their pieces.
• After the groups have reassembled their new cartoon and original cartoon on a wall, students should complete the writing assignment that is included in the package.
• Add some of the writings near the completed for others to read.
Comments from a buyer
• Used this with one class and then all the others wanted to do this as well. Great resource.