Making an inference requires a flying leap! Challenge your students with Mark Twain's classic story, "The Notorious Jumping Frog of Calaveras County." This freebie includes a two-page adaptation of the story (public domain), a one-page inference activity, and an answer key.
The inference activity asks two questions. Before answering, students must gather three pieces of evidence from the text. Then they take that flying leap to make an inference.
Are you looking for more materials to teach reading standards? Try these!
• RL.4.1 Answering Questions Lesson Plans
• RL.4.2 Finding a Theme Lesson Plans
• RL.5.2 Finding a Theme
• Summarizing Unit, Grades 4 & 5
• RL.4.3 Describing a Character Lesson Plans
• RL.4.4 Words from Mythology Lesson Plans
• RL.4.5 Prose, Drama, and Poetry Lesson Plans
• RL.4.6 Determining and Defending Point of View Lesson Plans
• RL.4.9 Comparing and Contrasting Folklore
• Identifying Text Structure
• Finding Word Meaning
Click on Follow Me to be notified as other units are published.
For weekly ideas, activities, links, and freebies, check out my blog, Enjoy Teaching