This multi-topic unit centres around a customer phoning a hair salon in order to make an appointment. It contains a salon appointment schedule which is the basis for a variety of language points, including saying times and days of the week, questioning, using expressions of politeness, spelling names, and more.
These activities can easily be modified to suit a range of student abilities within your classroom.
Also included are:
- a vocabulary page for students
- a sample telephone conversation
- a bilingual cloze activity
- worksheets focused on reinforcing key material
- rote practice activity flashcards for partners
- a uniquely organized alphabet and punctuation reference sheet
- a template for creating a dialogue
- instructions on how to use each activity, including ideas for pre-activities as well as supplementary and extension activities
A final task asks students to create and perform their own phone conversation.