Research has shown that involving students in setting their own personal goals has a positive impact on academic performance.
I created this unit as a way for my students to be aware of their IEP goals and involve them in tracking their own progress. My students are working on all of their IEP goals; however, I wanted them to be aware of and focus on one specific goal at a time. Mastering a goal is a big celebration in my classroom!
Setting goals can be used in any classroom for any area of need. Some suggestions for us are:
- as a whole class
- for your small groups
- for RTI
- for students on IEPs
- for behavior or academics
Included in this packet, you will find the following pages
- Teacher Info
- What is a Goal and Goal Idea pages for classroom discussion
- Goal Idea graphic organizer (boy and girl version)
- Goals Need 3 Things graphics organizer with a sample copy
- Goal pages (2 versions)
- 4 Tracking My Goal pages (different charts to track data)
- Letter to parents about the goal (2 versions)
- Goal Progress Check
- Goal Master certificate (2 versions)
- Class Goal Tracker (2 versions)
All pages are blackline and ready to print!
Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for looking at my products.