Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
2.27 MB | 68 pages
Chemical compounds are made of two or more elements connected together by a bond.
The compound is represented by a chemical formula showing the types and number of atoms that make it.
Writing this formula depending on the valency of the different atoms/ions that make it is a challenging task for the students.
I tried this idea and it worked really well in helping the students getting the idea.
The atoms/ions are drawn each with a number of hands equal to its valency.
The position of the hand depends on whether this atom/ion tends to lose or gain electrons.
The atoms/ions are used to assemble the compound.
Because of this position of the hand the formula can easily be written.
This kit contains:
• 25 different atoms/ions with the valency of each (some have more than one valency, so in total they are 31)
• A table showing the names of the possible compounds that can be made by these elements, and the formula of each
• The images are found each in two forms, JPEG and GIF
• The GIF one has a transparent background to be used easily to make power point presentations for the different compounds
• Power point presentation sample showing four compounds which has been animated to build the compound in front of the students step by step
The cards can be printed on a small scale size and laminated to be used as games for building the molecules ( the creativity of the teacher is the limit)