Leave ‘em laughing with these activities on malapropisms and some internet links to view. Includes a bulletin board set with definition and two illustrations, plus a worksheet that challenges students to figure out the correct word for the malapropism used. Targets multiple intelligences: linguistic, spatial, musical, interpersonal and bodily-kinesthetic.
Grades 7th-10th Time: 20 to 40 minutes depending on choice of activities
Choose all or some of the suggested activities below.
1) Show and read bulletin board definition of malapropisms. (2 min.)
2) Worksheet – Malapropisms (7 min.)
3) Drawing malapropisms (15 min.)
4) Show YouTube video of Yogi Berrisms (6 min.)
5) Weird Al Yankovic – Word Crimes YouTube video (3:45 min)
6) Hello Muddah, Hello Faddah (A Letter from Camp) YouTube video (2:33 min.)
7) So Long, It’s Been Good to Know You (Pete Seeger YouTube video (3:17 min.)