Percussionists are usually visual learners. Seeing the shapes and patterns of how major scales are built allows them to internalize and memorize them better.
This PDF worksheet includes a picture of a keyboard next to each scale so students can color in the notes of each scale and see the visual pattern of the scale!
• 12 Major Scales notated in the Circle of 5ths
• Key Signatures
• Keyboard Graphic next to each scale
• Line for students to write # of sharps/flats for each scale
• Circle of 5ths (major & minor) reference
• Order of Sharps & Flats reference
I have used this with my various level percussion students for years with great success. 80% of them end up being able to play all 12 major scales up and down in less than 60 seconds within 3 months of beginning to work on them.