Mama's Birthday Present was updated on January 10, 2016. If you own this product, please check it out and download all of the new printables for FREE.
This package includes activities for six centers that reinforce the
skills taught in Mama's Birthday Present. You will also find many printables and fun activities. The Common Core Standards are listed. This is a perfect supplement to use with your Reading Street Curriculum.
Spelling Center – Rainbow write the spelling word/ Use letter tiles to spell the words/ Spell words using frames/ Write sentences with words/ Put words in ABC order
High-Frequency Word Center – Use letter stamps and spell the words/ Use play-doe to trace the words/ Write the word and color the words the given color/ Write sentences with words/ Sort words by number of syllables
Phonics Center – Use a magnifying glass and find ai and ay words and singular and plural possessives. Phonics Game - sort ai and ay words and record your words.
Listening Center – After listening to ‘Mama’s Birthday Present”, students will answer questions about the story.
Writing Center – Students will write a story about a boy’s birthday party.by answering questions in a complete sentence.
Vocabulary Center- Match Amazing Words to definitions/ Choose one word to write a sentence and draw a picture
(1) Find the number by counting tens and ones. Then find high-frequency words.
(2) Find the sum and then find ai and ay words.
(3) Read and color words that have the vowel digraphs ai and ay to make a train.
(4) Read and color High-Frequency Words to make a picture.
(5) Word Search for spelling words
(6) Color a hundred's chart to find an ay word.
(7) Roll the dice to practice writing spelling words.
(8) Find the correct word to finish the sentence
(9) Read the story and answer questions to draw conclusions.
Color the adjectives in the puzzle.
Highlight the adjectives in the sentence/ Write the adjectives.
You will find all of your High-Frequency Words and Spelling Words ready to be used on your Word Wall.