Students will learn about the different categories of mammals and their physical characteristics; then research to learn more about a mammal of their choice.
- identify three categories of mammals, describe their physical characteristics
- list different types of mammals
- choosing a mammal to research, describe how it is born and nurtured by its mother
- describe what it eats, how it moves, where it lives
- identify its predators
- describe any special changes the mammal experiences
- display all information using pictures and written descriptions
Suggestions for differentiation are also included so that all students can be successful in the learning environment.