Mammals Reptiles Amphibians | Biomimicry Design Nature Compatible with NGSS
- Easel Activity
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This bundle contain ideas to help you create engaging science projects. These units focus on mammals reptiles and amphibians. You’ll have a great time exploring strategies and functions used by these animals with your students. Learning about the animals' superpowers is fascinating and using them aPrice $18.00Original Price $24.75Save $6.75
- Your students will LOVE creating things and their inventiveness will flow as they explore the genius of nature. Using nature as inspiration is a powerful way to inspire your students to focus their attention on interesting aspects of the animal and plant world and to use these observations in creatiPrice $16.00Original Price $24.00Save $8.00
- Looking for exciting science resources that students will appreciate and enjoy using? Spark an interest in nature and wildlife as well as the environment with the engaging resources in this bundle. You'll save time planning your science activities using this Bundle. With many interesting facts and cPrice $45.00Original Price $60.05Save $15.05
- This is a Science Bundle with both printable and digital formats. It includes everything you will need to have excellent and varied science and art activities available for your students. The aim is to ignite a love for question-asking and using biomimicry challenges in the classroom. Design inspirePrice $90.00Original Price $138.20Save $48.20
Your students will be so excited to use their knowledge and research about mammals, reptiles and amphibians to invent things and solve tricky problems. This biomimicry resource encourages students to jump straight into creative and imaginative challenges. The aim is to design things inspired by nature. This is a lesson plan that will guide you through the process of using biomimicry and steam activities to inspire students to ask questions, study animals and use creative thinking to explore ideas.
These activities are fun and engaging. And great brain workout!
Biomimicry is an exciting way to inspire young children to be creative, curious and to observe the world. The projects are intended to inspire a playful and creative approach towards problem-solving.
You'll save time by purchasing this easy to use introduction to Biomimicry - Bio means Life and Mimic means to imitate life and nature.
What are you waiting for? Purchase this fun, educational and engaging nature inspired resource now and give your students a science activity they'll love.
This resource has been prepared so that your students can use it on digital devices. I have selected suitable slides for you, you need to insert text boxes and you can also add instructions for your students.
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, thanks.
Please click the PREVIEW button above to get an idea of everything included.
This outstanding Biomimicry package contains:
1. Why Teach Biomimicry
2. Getting Started Guide
3. How to Observe and Collect Information about mammals
4. Describe a mammal
5. What can the animal do?
6. I am awe
7. Acrostic Poem
8. Make drawing or sculpture
9. I Love elephants
10. Random inspiration to design something using elephants
11. The elephant t-shirt
12. Bats as inspiration to invent something exciting - write a story
13. Imagination challenge - design a super-fast boat
14. Word animal
15. Use word animal to get ideas
16. How to observe and collect Information about Reptiles and Amphibians
17. Describe a reptile or amphibian
18. Things I love about frogs
19. Acrostic poem
20. Make a detailed drawing
21. Use random pictures to design
22. Imagine that you are a gecko
23. Design challenge
24. Words that rhyme with frog
25. Use rhyme words for inspiration for innovations
26. How to use biomimicry in the classroom - inspiration and ideas
27. Links to videos and information
28. Two posters
Leaving feedback when you purchase a resource earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I love that feedback!
Also, Follow Me and be notified when new products are uploaded. New products are always 50% off for the first 72 hours they are posted.
Looking for a resource about frogs or bears? Check out Project Based Learning: Frogs - STEAM, Biomimicry and Project Based Learning: Bears - STEAM, Biomimicry
You may also like Project Based Learning: Mammal, Reptile & Amphibian Bundle, STEAM, Biomimicry
Reviews of other Think Dive - Sparking Children's Thinkibility products:
Project based learning: Bats, STEAM, Biomimicry
"This product is absolutely the favorite one I have purchased all fall! I love the information that is provided about bats - just enough to intrigue and encourage higher level thinking. There are graphic organizers, worksheets, and subtle suggestions to help young learners perform at their best! And best of all, it stretches their creativity! Thanks for such an amazing resource!"
Project Based Learning, Insects, Lapbook - STEAM, Biomimicry
A very comprehensive, thorough, and unique resource to teach elementary students about biomimicry! An excellent addition to any biology unit!
Why am I qualified to write these biomimicry resources? I was a member of BEN - Biomimicry Education Network - and a curator of educational resources at BEN. I am the author of the book Biomimicry with Theo & Tuva: Nature spotting inspires wild ideas. In 2015, I completed a course in Biomimicry: A Sustainable Design Methodology at Minneapolis College of Art and Design. I took part in the Biomimicry Design Challenge in 2021.
• This download is a PDF and is formatted in US Letter size. If you would prefer an alternate sizing, A4 size or spelling (colour vs color etc.), please leave me a note in the ‘ask a question section of my store'.
#animals #mammal #reptile #amphibian #biomimicry #steam #stem #NGSS #sparkingchildrensthinkibility #thinkdive #asajomard #tpt #projectbasedlearning #digitalactivities