Also included in
- Mammal Reptile Amphibian Bundle | Project Based Learning NGSS Biomimicry: This bundle contain ideas for engaging project-based learning. These units focus on mammals reptiles and amphibians. There are lesson plans that will guide you through the process of using biomimicry and steam activities$10.80$20.25Save $9.45
- Top 5 Bundle Biomimicry | NGSS STEAM Project Based Learning: This project-based learning resource focuses on animals and plants. These resources will guide you through the process of using biomimicry and steam activities to inspire students to ask questions, study animals and plants, and use creat$12.00$24.50Save $12.50
- Science Bundle 3 | Environment Climate Change Biomimicry Distance Learning: Looking for exciting science resources that students will appreciate and enjoy using? Spark an interest in nature and wildlife as well as the environment with resources in this bundle.Reviews of other Sparking Children's$33.60$64.50Save $30.90
- Science Bundle 4 | Distance Learning Google Classroom™: Need something for distance learning? This bundle has 8 resources that have been specifically made for Google Classroom. There are also resources that are perfect to use in the classroom, distance-learning or homeschooling. What do I receive?T$72.00$137.50Save $65.50
Mammals Reptiles Amphibians | Project Based Learning NGSS Biomimicry:
Looking for something exciting for a project based learning unit? This unit focuses on the study of mammals, reptiles and amphibians. This is a lesson plan that will guide you through the process of using biomimicry and steam activities to inspire students to ask questions, study animals and use creative thinking to explore ideas.
These activities are fun and engaging. And great brain workout!
Biomimicry is an exciting way to inspire young children to be creative, curious and to observe the world. The projects are intended to inspire a playful and creative approach towards problem-solving.
This resource has been prepared so that your students can use it on digital devices. I have selected suitable slides for you, you need to insert text boxes and you can also add instructions for your students.
Contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, thanks
1. Why Teach Biomimicry
2. Getting Started Guide
3. How to Observe and Collect Information about mammals
4. Describe a mammal
5. What can the animal do?
6. I am awe
7. Acrostic Poem
8. Make drawing or sculpture
9. I Love elephants
10. Random inspiration to design something using elephants
11. The elephant t-shirt
12. Bats as inspiration to invent something exciting - write a story
13. Imagination challenge - design a super-fast boat
14. Word animal
15. Use word animal to get ideas
16. How to observe and collect Information about Reptiles and Amphibians
17. Describe a reptile or amphibian
18. Things I love about frogs
19. Acrostic poem
20. Make a detailed drawing
21. Use random pictures to design
22. Imagine that you are a gecko
23. Design challenge
24. Words that rhyme with frog
25. Use rhyme words for inspiration for innovations
26. How to use biomimicry in the classroom - inspiration and ideas
27. Links to videos and information
28. Two posters
Reviews of other Sparking Children's Thinkibility products:
"This product is absolutely the favorite one I have purchased all fall! I love the information that is provided about bats - just enough to intrigue and encourage higher level thinking. There are graphic organizers, worksheets, and subtle suggestions to help young learners perform at their best! And best of all, it stretches their creativity! Thanks for such an amazing resource!"
A very comprehensive, thorough, and unique resource to teach elementary students about biomimicry! An excellent addition to any biology unit!
Why am I qualified to write these biomimicry resources? I am a member of BEN - Biomimicry Education Network - and a curator of educational resources at BEN. I am the author of the book Biomimicry with Theo & Tuva: Nature spotting inspires wild ideas. In 2015, I completed a course in Biomimicry: A Sustainable Design Methodology at Minneapolis College of Art and Design.
• This download is a PDF and is formatted in US Letter size. If you would prefer an alternate sizing, A4 size or spelling (colour vs color etc.), please leave me a note in the ‘ask a question section of my store'.