There are two ability levels of this PowerPoint; basic and enriched. The enriched version has more links. The basic version simplifies the language. This is great to use if you parallel co-teach. If you are not lucky enough to have a co-teacher, you can choose the version that best suits each of your classes.
There are three vocabulary words at the beginning of the PowerPoint: management, labor and negotiation.
There are essential questions at the beginning of the PowerPoint and at the end of it. These are the essential questions:
1. What tools are used by both management and labor to solve problems between them?
2. What weapons does labor use to gain the upper hand on management?
3. What weapons does management use to gain the upper hand on labor?
The headings of the PowerPoint slides are:
1. When there is conflict between management and labor
2. Tools used by Manager and Labor
3. Weapons Used by Labor
4. Weapons Used by Management
This PowerPoint was last revised on 10/4/2013.
If you would like to have the note sheets that can go with this PowerPoint, you should take a look at the Lesson Plan Bundle. It includes:
2. Lesson Plan
3. 3 Ability Levels of Vocabulary Sheets
4. Enriched Note Sheets for both PowerPoints
5. Basic Note Sheets for Enriched PowerPoint
6. Basic Note Sheets for Basic PowerPoint
7. Student Union Activity
If you would like to take a better look at the lesson plan and PowerPoint bundle, follow this link: Management versus Labor Lesson Plan and PowerPoint Bundle
Please consider following me so that you know when I throw a sale on my items and when I upload new ones. Thank you in advance for taking the time to rate me. Your opinion really helps other teachers know the quality of my work.
Labor versus Management PowerPoint
by Kasha Mastrodomenico
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Based on a work at www.socialstudiesdifferentiatedinstruction.com
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at www.socialstudiesdifferentiatedinstruction