The Organized Notebook Log
Need a way to keep track of assignments? Are students asking what they missed while absent? Can you really keep it all in your head? Use this product to create a running list of everything you assign in one easy-to-use form.
Compatible with the Interactive Notebook, this product will keep you more organized and make you look good when asked for missed assignments. Not to mention at the end of a semester/ year you have your entire course spelled out assignment by assignment! If you happen to teach the same course again this will prove as a valuable, customized planning tool for you the second go around.
Getting Started: The Organized Notebook Log
1. Create a “notebook number” or NB# for the assignment. (This is like a page number)
L#3-16 = Unit 3, the 16th “Left Side” page in an Interactive Notebook
2. Record Date, type and a brief description of the assignment (something that will help you identify it later).
3. Next record either the due date or objective numbers.
4. Smile and Relax because you are ready to respond to all inquiries about assignments in your class.
This product was created as part of The Organized Notebook system
Option 1 – Teacher only keeps a running list of all assignments given. Students ask teacher for missed assignments. Teacher tells student “notebook #’s abc”
Option 2- Students get a copy of The Organized Notebook Log and records all assignments along with teacher (not preferred, eats up instructional time). Students ask classmates to see the log and know exactly what they missed without teacher input! At this point they go get their assignment out of The Organized Notebook in the classroom.
Check out my blog…for other tools, tips, ideas and inspiration.
The Organized Notebook
So do your students instinctively keep their notebooks in order? Are they extremely organized creatures? Probably not! Students can become more organized if we provide a system for them to follow. The Organized Notebook does just that.
Steps: Easy as 1-2-3
1. Simply get a 3-ring binder and fill it with lots of dividers and name it The Organized Notebook.
2. Assign work like you normally do and use The Organized Notebook Log to keep track of it all. Keep log in your teacher notebook. (Interested in this? It can be found at my Teachers Pay Teachers store at http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Mrs-Wiggins)
3. As you make copies of each assignment, label them with NB# (notebook number) using a sticky note and place them in the organized notebook, each copy going behind its own divider. Repeat for every assignment. Done!
When returning students ask for their missed work…
1. Simply ask them what days they missed.
2. Check The Organized Notebook Log for all assignments
done on those days.
3. Tell the student the NB#’s of each missed assignment.
4. Either Teacher or student can actually go get the work out of The Organized Notebook.
Remember to check out my blog…for other tools, tips, ideas and inspiration at www.newteachertoolbox.com