Level Q- Fountas and Pinnell
Level U- Guided Reading
This novel study can be taught over the course of 6 days (every other day) as the cover sheets illustrates, or can be taught for a longer period of time.
Included in the novel study are recording sheets for teaching specific skills...
- Identifying the setting and its impact on the characters and plot
- Identifying the characters, their impact on the main character and the plot
- Identifying figurative language in the story (similes, metaphors and hyperbolas)
- Recognizing social issues within the story and how they impact the plot
- Identifying internal and external challenges that the main character encounters in the story.
Additionally, a rubric is included for assessing the completion of the study.