Manifest Destiny changed the course of American History, and by some historians accounting, nearly wrecked the unity of the nation. In this Westward Expansion webquest, students can use the internet or their textbooks to place 5 items on a timeline of significant expansion events in United States History, consider the pros and cons, advantages and challenges, and evaluate decision making that would have gone hand in hand with each step of expansion.
*encourages critical thinking
*Can be solo or in pairs
*Internet or textbook
*in-class or homework
*Goes beyond textbook analysis
*Develops pros and cons
*Considers what they would do as President
Try my TOP 6 Middle School History Resources in my HaugerHistory TPT Store!
6. Colonial Sales Booth Project Students Sign Up Settlers to the Colonies
5. Free: Geometry Walk: Take Math Outside
4. Sub-Saharan Africa Matching Vocabulary Terms and Extra Detail Test
3. 3 Months of Reflective Journal Writes from History December Winter Prompts
2. Create Your Own Feudal Empire Project Students Create A Middle Ages Country
1. 5 Keys to Winning Speech and Debate for Students by a Debate Chamption
And whether you buy or not, enjoy a free acoustic song, free from me! "Laddering" Unplugged